Click the pix for larger picture
You might be aware that Hu Jintao has gone to Washington DC to have a chat with Barack Obama and other American Power Rangers. He has been wowing the press with his unscrupulous ways and everybody with a keyboard, microphone, or camera in front of their face has an opinion about just what the heck China is up to and why we are more awesome/sucky than them.
I've been following it pretty closely between lessons, shoe shopping and cool wedding shows and I have a few opinions of my own as to which country sucks more in different categories.
- Manufacturing: China rocks, US sucks.
- National debt: US rocks, we have way more debt!
- Military: US rocks. We spend waaaaaay more on weapons of mass destruction and can totally extend conflicts much better. They have lots more soldiers though.
- Internet freedom: China sucks.
- Education: China kicks our butts in math, science and reading comprehension, but we are more creative, and our school sports totally rule.
- TV: The US is light years ahead of China.
- Human Rights: China treats some people very unfairly. So does the US.
- Standard of living: USA!!!! Except for those who don't have work, are losing their homes, pensions, or investments. They need to move to China.
- Freedom of the Press: US better, but is going mad, so that incoherent ravings are taking the place of facts. The news coverage from the government controlled Chinese press is generally not that different from ABC.
- Cool trains: China rocks.
- Massive construction projects: China.
- Movies: USA!!!!
- Banking: US banks are much mightier, so that even our government will do their bidding. Chinese banks are babies that do what they are told.
- Mexican Food: Non existent in China!!!!!!!!
- Chinese Food: China totally rocks this, but they don't have fortune cookies or that pink sauce you dip the shrimp into.