Thursday, March 6, 2014

Tibet in Ipoh

Click the pix for larger picture.







                                                


Kurt's house is over there.

Ipoh has a Tibetan Buddhist temple.  At least one, there might be more, but we only found this one.  You can see it from Kurt's neighborhood, and I wanted to go see the giant Buddha in the distance.  We were out doing some errands, and went there on a whim, so I didn't have my camera.  I did have my smart phone possessing  above average intelligence with me.  It takes passable selfies to send to people, but doesn't do a place like this justice.
It's eight stories tall. Each level has different features.  Since I'm mostly ignorant of Buddhism, I'll leave it at that.  I think religious scholars might describe it as a very trippy place.  There were very few people there that day, so it was peaceful.  Birds and wasps nested there with impunity.  Here is a selfie.  



See?  The phone does these pretty well.


1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh so hard...actually, I am still laughing. Selfie and Tibetan temple in one post; I did not see that coming.

    ReplyDelete

Got a new post. Woo hoo!